It’s rather strange going on holiday without knowing anything about where you are going and having no agenda. Today I had lunch with my friend Dafydd and catch up on the last 8 years. Way back then I just met his boyfriend. Today I got to meet their two beautiful boys they adopted and see their amazing house. I had no idea they had kids!
I did a lot of walking today and just enjoyed the city. From Llandaff Cathedral and a walk down the River Taff to the Millennium Millennium Centre. So glad I invested in new walking shoes! 23,924 steps for a total of 17.9km. For my metricaly challenged American friends that's 11.12 miles. Sheesh!
Today’s observations (in no particular order) include:
- Listening to two boys switch between English and Welsh in the same sentence makes one wish they learned their own language a bit better.
- The Millennium Centre is as big as it looks on Torchwood.
- Swans have very big feet.
- Welsh youths still know how to use the word “Innit”
- True friends can pick up no matter where you left off.
- the willow tree always looks peaceful
- and so do ancient ruins
- and graveyards
- Cardiff is extremely green
- Ianto Jones would still be alive if he were my boyfriend.